City & Guilds 2394/2395 Initial and Periodic Inspection, Testing & Condition Reporting Combined Course
Price: £1350.00 (Inc. VAT & Certification Fees)
Due to the recent changes by City & Guilds with their Inspection and Testing qualifications, Training in Electrical are now able to offer this brand new QCF qualification at Level 3. Our 2394/2395 package now replaces the old 2391 qualification. This 5 day intense course not only covers the initial Inspection, Testing and Condition Reporting of all electrical systems but also includes the undertaking of periodic Inspections including 3 phase and industrial systems.
It is worth noting that the 2394 and 2395 qualifications can be studied individually with us, however both have to be achieved for JIB grading as an Approved Electrician.
These qualifications will help you to develop your knowledge and practical skills required to professionally design and install and periodic inspect and test electrical installations.
This award is ideal for qualified electricians wishing to update their knowledge of electrical installation skills in initial/fundamental inspection and testing. This Level 3 award is crucial if you are a qualified electrician and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge.
This course is designed to give you the understanding of the principles, practices and legislation for the initial and periodic verification of electrical installations.
Its content covers the skills and necessary background knowledge for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations.
This electrical course includes both theory and more importantly hands on experience testing real life installations at one of our training centres. You will have the opportunity to use a variety of different testers supplied by our test instrument sponsors, Megger, Fluke and Dilog
The course content covers the following areas:
- Introduction to Inspection, Testing & Condition Reporting
- Requirements for initial verification
- Requirements for Periodic Condition Reporting
- Guidance Note 3
- Pre work survey
- Safe use of test equipment
- Complying with BS7671 wiring regulations
- Safe isolation procedures
- Order of tests
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Insulation resistance tests
- Polarity tests
- Earth electrode tests
- Earth fault loop impedance tests
- RCD testing
- Condition Reporting/Periodic Inspection
- Recording and completion of test results
- Completion of Condition Reports
- Commissioning of electrical installations
- Practical Hands on skills
- Exam preparation
At the end of the course candidates are expected to complete a multiple choice; written and practical examinations and will have achieved the knowledge and practical skills to safely undertake inspection and testing work in both domestic and industrial premises.
The written element of this exam can now be taken as an on-line option during the course.
What course next?
NVQ 2357 Level 3 in Electrical Installation
2 Day Portable Appliance Testing
1 Day Emergency Lighting
2 Day Fire alarm systems
- IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS:7671) 2008 (2015)
- IET On-site Guide BS7671:2008 (2015)
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing, 6th Edition
- Practical Guide to Inspection & Testing (Optional)
- Memorandum of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Scientific calculator
- Course notes will be supplied
- Exam Success - Inspection and Testing 2394 and 2395
This qualification is intended for electrical operative who have practical experience and knowledge of inspection & testing of electrical installations, who require to become certified. Candidates must also hold the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification. It is not suitable for non-qualified electrician. Newly qualified electrical operatives or those with little or no inspection & testing experience should consider completing the City & Guilds 2392-10 inspection & testing qualifi
Location > Nottingham
Book yourself a place on this course
It couldn't be easier to book yourself onto this course. Just click the button below.
> Book this course
Courses & Products you may also like